Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin / Human Resources Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this role, you will provide a strategic oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits, training and development; as well as oversee administrative functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes
- Recruit and train personnel and allocate responsibilities
- Conduct references and background checks on new hires
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations
- Manage schedules and deadlines
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints
- Initiate and encourage strategies to increase performance.
- Provide employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, salary, employee benefits and opportunities for promotion.
- Coordinate all employee relations activities within the organization
- Develop, review, and improve administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Carry out public relations functions
- Coordinate and ensure completion of employee exit interviews. Report outcome of exit interview information to management and tracks / maintains data.
- Oversee special projects and tracking progress towards company goals.
- Ensure office is stocked with necessary supplies and all equipment is working and properly maintained.
- Work with accounting and management team to set budgets, monitor spending, and processing payroll and other expenses
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies.
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts.
- Liaise directly with clients, issue invoices/notices, negotiate on outstanding payments and where necessary initiates recovery action
- Generate monthly and quarterly departmental reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in a similar field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard HR software
- Honest, trustworthy, respectful, with a high level of integrity
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including problem solving.
Remuneration: N120,000 – N150,000 / Month
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 12th October, 2020.