Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting Date: 15/02/2021
Job Type: Contract
- Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for donors proposals and reports writing.
- You work in close collaboration with the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs and the desk in HQ.
- You ensure donors requirements, rules and regulations dissemination and acceptance by key staff.
- You also have a functional link with the program support officer at HQ.
Your Main Responsibilities are the following
Donors Proposals and Reports Writing:
- Support the general coordinator, the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs and the team in HQ in the coordination and the writing of proposals
- Provide timelines and ensure timely submission to HQ
- Make sure that the proposals match the MdM strategy in Borno
- Support the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs by taking the lead in the writing of certain parts of the proposals (non-technical part) and help in the compilation of the different contributions
- Work in close collaboration with the medical, logistics, HR and finance departments, to ensure consistency among the different components of proposals – i.e. logframe, budget, procurement needs, narrative
- Review the different contributions (especially from the program department), share comments to the team to ensure the quality of documents
- Make sure that all indicators are SMART and target realistic, in collaboration with the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs and the M&E supervisor
- Be the focal point at mission level for HQ (program support officer, with the support of the public and institutional funding unit) for grants/reporting, and consider donor compliance and guidelines to ensure adherence
- Support country mission in the coordination and writing of donor reports
- Ensure timely submission of reports to HQ
- Ensure adherence to donor deadlines, including developing and disseminating timelines to relevant staff
- Follow up on mission-level reporting and ensure that documents are submitted on time
- Support the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs by taking the lead in the writing of certain parts of the reports (non-technical part) and help in the compilation of the different contributions
- Work in close collaboration with the medical, logistics and finance departments, to ensure consistency among the different components of the reports
- Act as the focal point for report related queries, e.g. templates and compliance, in collaboration with the program support officer
- Take the lead in the preparation of the monthly MdM situation report, by liaising with the different mission departments to get and review their contribution
- Maintain overview of all donor requirements, rules and regulations and ensure their good dissemination and acceptance by key staffs, with the support of HQ
- Carry out regular donor mapping exercises and identify new funding opportunities in line with the country programme’s strategy
- Maintain a database of current and expected call for proposals
- On request of the general coordinator, approach relevant donors for potential funding
- Support the mission in the organization of external audit or evaluation
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)/Partnership agreements
- Support the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs in the writing of needed operational MOU or amendments (for instance: Ministry of Health, UNICEF, other INGO or UN agency)
- Take the lead in the preparation or review of MOU between MdM France and other MdM chapters
- Act as the focal point for HQ and liaise in priority with the emergency unit.
- Excellent level of communication both written and oral Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under a minimum of supervision, autonomous Listening and diplomacy skills. Ability to work in an unstable and volatile context Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (word, excel) Languages.
- English is mandatory (oral and written), and knowledge of country languages such as Hausa or French would be an asset
- Master degree in the following or related field: humanitarian management, development, international relations.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role Demonstrated experience of coordinating and preparing strong narrative and financial reports for a variety of donors Experience developing and working with project budgets Understanding of donor compliance, especially for OFDA, GFFO and ECHO Training and capacity-building experience.
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
Gross: 2 574 euros monthly.
- Based in Maiduguri with regular field visits to sites of intervention or assessment
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing.
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply