I-Serve Professional is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef Tournant
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Chef Tournant is a direct link between the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, and his/her assigned production areas and outlets. Chef Tournant’s primary responsibilities are to ensure all communication, standards, policies, and expectations are communicated to his/her team and then executed flawlessly. He/she achieves the objectives through communication, organization, and training. The Chef Tournant enables his/her team by ensuring equipment and sanitation standards are always met, supplies and inventories are readily available, expectations are communicated, recipes are current, and training is on-going.
- The Chef Tournant is expected to be a “hands-on” supervisor who leads his/her team by example. The Chef Tournant is assigned to be directly responsible for one or more outlets or production areas in the following categories: production, alternative restaurants, buffets, or main galley. The Chef Tournant should expect to be rotated into different areas with or without advance notice in regards to business demands and career development. Chef Tournant rotations are at the sole discretion of the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
- Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality
- Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods, and instructions from supervisor
- Ensures team reports to work on-time and in a clean uniform
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
- Ensures the development of team members through on-going training
- Recognizes team members for successful achievements and contributions
- Coaches team members immediately and professionally to minimize deficiencies and provide encouragement
- Responsible for inventories to enable team members to successfully prepare mise en place Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food.
- Maintains and reports waste log to supervisors on a daily/weekly basis
- Checks outlet(s) upon arrival to determine the status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues
- Checks outlet(s) prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling
- Maintains USPH/FDA standards
- Communicates and follows-through with appropriate departments to correct sanitation and or equipment issues
- Responsible for accuracy in daily inventories and requisitions
- Ensures proper rotation, storage temperatures, and proper storing procedures are observed
- Communicates with provisions to ensure successful coordination of requisitioning, and return to stocks, including variances, spoilage, and excess inventories
- Ensures all team members are properly equipped with uniforms, supplies, and tools
- Communicates with the Food & Beverage team in regards to special events, changes in forecasts, etc.
- Keeps Executive Chef, Chef’s Personal Assistant, and Executive Sous Chef apprised of challenges productions and team members
- Ensures recipes are constantly updated to reflect changes created by availability or direction from Executive Chef
- Strives to continuously improve the flow of production and all other outputs by submitting ideas in writing to Executive Sous Chef
- Evaluates subordinates every three months
- Continuously monitors food and labor cost in accordance with CBH
- Controls and decreases waste by maintaining logs to submit daily/weekly
- Adjust production levels to meet forecast demands
- Communicates with other departments to adjust production for joint product needs
- Delegates workload to subordinates fairly and consistently while continually striving to improve the flow of production
- Adjusts scheduling appropriately in order to attend mandatory meetings
- Schedules regular focus meetings with subordinates to increase communication
- Continually maintains and updates daily and weekly reports in a timely manner
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Required Work Experience:
- 1+ year supervisory experience in a reputable restaurant
- 1+ year experience in a high production volume restaurant/hotel
- 1+ year experience in a fine dining restaurant
- 3+ years of culinary experience (may be combined with formal culinary training)
- Strong knowledge of all basic cooking techniques
- Strong knowledge of Classical European, International, and World Cuisine, including cooking philosophies and principles
- Flexibility to work any shift in any area of responsibility without notice
- Strong knowledge of herbs, spices, flavorings
- Strong knowledge of all kitchen equipment, tools, and supplies
- Ability to provide leadership, motivation, and training Must be familiar with Food Safety Policy
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 22nd November, 2020.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.